RSS

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Crafturday Creative Mess 10 - Recycling keys

I love vintage stuff and vintage keys are my all time favorites. I had loads of keys at home and i decided to recycle few of them. You can reuse these vintage keys as pendants, charms or anything you like. Today I am gonna tell you how to recycle these vintage keys....Let's get started....


Supplies you will need:


Enamel paint or nail color

Varnish

Rhine stones for embellishing your keys

Glue

Instructions:

Wash the keys to remove dust and let them dry. Paint the keys with enamel paint.... choose any color of your choice. After the first coat is applied let it dry. Apply a second coat of paint. When the paint dries apply varnish on the key.

After the paint completely dries off glue the rhines stones in any pattern you like.

For more ideas I have added pictures below:


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! If you tried making these, then click some bright pictures and send them to me at artchitrasutra@gmail.com. I like kind comments too. Please feel free to drop a note! :) Thanks for stopping by!

Linking it to Weekly story 55 and Metamorphosis monday



Photobucket

You can now get Chitrasutra’s updates delivered straight to your inbox. Hope you will use this cool opportunity to stay connected with me.
Grab the Crafturday Creative Mess blog button.....


Note: Images that are not watermarked are collected from various sources on web.

8 comments:

Iniyaal said...

Creative way to re-use keys. I have always thrown old keys into the trash can. These keys looks pretty when re-used with paint and rhinestones.

Shalini said...

WOW!!! this has to be the most stunning reuse of keys dat i have ever ever seen Neelima!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Wow!! Such amazing ideas.. and inspirations.. Lovely!!

Thanks for sharing.. and linking in!!

Neelima said...

Thank you all :))

Calindgirl said...

I like this one. I have a bunch of old keys laying around. Might give it a try.

http://novicedecorator.blogspot.com

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Love how you have creatively altered these keys. Beautifully done! I have joined your followers list and invite you to join my followers list; as well,I hope you will grab a blog button. Hugs, Gayle
http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

love ths creative projct...

Whit said...

Thank you for linking up to our party show and share #13. come back this week.

A mommy's life...with a touch of yellow
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com